Tuesday 27 March 2012

In this lesson we revisited media technical terms and applied our knowledge about media language when analysing the short film 'Smashed' written and directed by Peter Snelling.
When I first wrote the essay i came across several difficulties however when redrafting my essay I over came these problems and my grade increased from a C to a B. I achieved this grade increase,by using media language such as;
  • 'The council flat backdrop signifies the status and background of the characters'    
Instead of.. 

  • 'The council flat backdrop portrays the status and background of the characters'

By changing portray to signify I am showing the marker that I understand conceptual language and how to use it in my essay


Here below is my completed essay; 


My targets for my future essays would be to make sure my paragraphs are structured, well written and organised. This will help my essay because I will be able to explore specific elements in more detail and then in turn relate everything back to the question.